Monday, February 23, 2009

Anniversary Celebration

We attended the 50th anniversary celebration of our church this past Sunday. The service was great with all the former pastors speaking and wonderful music. There was a reception following the service in the gym. The church had one room filled with pictures and displays with all the church history. Then we walked down the hallway that connected this room and the gym and noticed the names and pictures of deceased church members. I was shocked and pleasantly surprised as we came to the next to the last one and Trey said, "There's one for Luke."



I am so grateful for my church family. Luke's life was important and it did matter.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Oh, Cheri, Luke's life does matter and I am so proud that his life was recognized on Sunday. That truely touches my soul!

Robyn said...

I saw that too and I knew it would mean so much to you! We are so grateful for the positive reports coming from the doctor and are thankful that you guys are optimistic once again. We are still praying for you!