Thursday, January 31, 2013

Brooke's prayers

We try to do a nighttime prayer with Brooke every night when she gets into bed.  We started saying prayers with her when she moved in to her big girl bed last year.  Our prayers started out pretty simple and I always said them at first.  I would thank God for all the members of our family.  Sometimes I would pray for a sick friend or pray for some other need.  But I always kept it simple. 

It is amazing how far Brooke has come in her prayers just in this past year.  Now she likes to say the prayers herself most nights.  She prays for all of her family members and never forgets her grandparents.  She'll also pray for her behavior. She will ask God to help her be a good girl.  She'll pray for her school and Audrey's school.  She can be such a sweet girl and it is the highlight of my day to end it by listening to her sweet prayers.

No comments: