Thursday, December 26, 2013

The Nutcracker

Last weekend, Trey's boss gave him tickets to The Nutcracker. We decided that I would take Brooke and Trey would stay home with Anna Grace.  Brooke didn't nap that day and the show didn't start until 7:30, so I was a little nervous about how she'd behave.  

We got there around 6:50, so we has a long time to sit and wait. Brooke did great and quietly played on my phone during the wait. When the show began, she gave me the phone. She was quiet during the show and when she did talk she would whisper. She enjoyed the ballet and seemed to follow along well.  I could tell she was getting sleepy.  

The intermission started around 8:20. I asked Brooke if she needed to go to the restroom. She said no and we stayed in our seats. As soon as the intermission was over, Brooke has to go to the restroom.  I told her we were going to leave if we went to the restroom and she was fine with that.  I think she did great for her first ballet.


No comments: