Saturday, November 8, 2014

Disney 2014 Day 4: Magic Kingdom

Day 4 was spent at Magic Kingdom.  Our first fast pass was for the new Seven Drawfs Mine Train. Anna was not big enough to ride, so Trey waited with her.  It is a great roller coaster for kids and the girls loved it. They rode again with Trey when it was his turn. 

We then headed for Dumbo.  There was no line so we immediately got on the ride. Anna Grace enjoyed this ride. I really wanted to ride Space Mountain, so we headed that way before the line was too long.  Audrey wanted to ride and we talked Brooke into riding as well.  Brooke was a little scared in line, but I convinced her to ride with us.  She did great, but did not want to ride it again.

We got in line for Tomorrowland Sppedway. I hate driving cars like that, but had to drive for AG.  AG did fine on the ride and I was glad when it was over.

We had a fast pass for Enchanted Tales with Belle so we headed there next. I got separated from AG. She was sitting with Audrey, but that was not enough to keep her calm. I ended up getting her and we sat in the back until picture time. AG was still nervous, but I walked her up to Belle to get a few pictures.

We had a few minutes to kill before lunch, so we rode the Little Mermaid ride. We were able to get a fast pass for lunch at Be Our Guest. We preordered online before our trip. We checked in and got in line. We were pulled aside and put in a shorter line since we preordered. Once we got in, they tried to pull up our order but could not find it. We quickly entered it back in and then went inside to find a table. It was beautiful inside and I should have taken a few pictures, but did not. 

It did not take long for our food to arrive. I ordered the carved turkey sandwich and it was great. Trey had the roast beef sandwich. This was definitely one of my favorite meals of the trip.

After lunch, we headed to Pirates of the Caribbean. It was the longest wait at about 35 minutes. I was expecting AG to be scared because of the noise and darkness, but she actually enjoyed this ride.

I got in line for a Dole Whip whe Trey took the girls on the Swiss Family Treehouse. I shared the dole whip with the girls. It is still my favorite Disney treat.

Trey was able to add another fast pass for Goofy's Barnstormer. We all rode even AG.  Brooke loved it.

Next, the girls got a treat and we looked around one of the shops.  The girls played on the circus area for awhile and then we told them they could play in the splash pad. I had brought a change of clothes for them. AG did not want to play much or get wet, but Brooke was soaked. We went in a bathroom to change before heading out.

We had dinner reservations for 5:50 at 1900 Park Fare. This is a character buffet with characters from Cinderella. The restaurant is located in the Grand Floridian so we rode the monorail to the resort. The Grand Floridian is beautiful.  I wouldn't stay there with young kids, though. We were so nervous the kids were going to break something in the lobby.

We had to wait awhile until we were seated. It was a little chaotic and loud which is kinda good for us since our girls can get loud.  The food was excellent. Brooke's favorite was the strawberry soup. I think she ended up with 3 bowls of it. 






No comments: