Saturday, January 3, 2009

Questions with no answers

I hope that writing about Luke will bring me some comfort. I think about him constantly and just do not know how to move on. I need answers, but I know we may never have answers.

Was Luke's pre-mature labor caused by my high blood pressure. So far that is the only answer the doctor has for us. I had my last regular check-up with the doctor on December 24th. My blood pressure was a little high, but the doctor was not very concerned and planned to see me the following Monday. Now I am questioning my doctor and wondering if he should have done more on the 24th.

I know I have to stay strong in my faith, but right now God is the last person I want to talk to about this. How do I go to God right now when the only thing I want is to have my baby back in my arms?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are not alone, Cheri. Your faith is an anchor, THE ONLY anchor, that can withstand this bitter storm of life.

Your house has been built on The Rock, my dear sister. Right now, the winds are howling, the storm clouds are swirling, and the tidal waves of doubt and sorrow are cresting.

But YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

Your heart is breaking, your emotions are raging, and your faith is wavering.

But YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

In this darkest hour, in the midst of this tragedy, as questions haunt and every moment torments . . .

YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

Cry out to the only one who can sustain you. Call on the name of the One who defeated the grave, the one who has made you MORE THAN A CONQUEROR, the one who omniciently knit Luke Eugene Glaze together in his mother's womb, the Most High God whose plan and purpose no man can fathom.

You are a precious child of our Lord Jesus Christ, who willfully gave Himself as a sacrifice for us all, so that for such a time as this, even in this unspeakable tragedy, you could STAND FIRM in the face of death and cling to the comfort of knowing that THIS IS NOT THE END! As Christians, we have that blessed assurance and peace that passes understanding.

Dear, beloved sister in Christ, YOU ARE NOT ALONE!

Run to Jesus. Don't shut Him out. Tell Him everything that's on your heart, because He already knows. Get it all out!

Of course, that is easy for me to say from behind this keyboard. Just know, Cheri and Trey, that you are constantly being thought of and prayed for in the midst of this terrible loss.

YOU ARE NOT ALONE!

With love and in Jesus' name,
John Ford and family