Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Luke Eugene



My baby boy, Luke Eugene, was born on December 28th at 12:48 pm. He weighed 1 lb, 2 oz and was 12 inches long. We were able to hold him and love him for about 30 minutes before he went to be with the Lord. I know I am biased, but he is the most beautiful baby I have ever seen.




Our friend, Robyn, took the picture of us with Luke shortly after his birth. I am so thankful she thought to bring a camera to the hospital to capture this picture and many more. I will cherish these pictures for the rest of my life.

In the days to come, I may share more about Luke's birth. But for now, I just wanted to introduce him to you. Please pray for our family. I'm not quite sure how we will get through this other than prayers and support from our friends and family.

4 comments:

Mike & Lisa said...

He is certainly beautiful. Call me if you need to talk. May 2009 bring you the peace and happiness you deserve.

Love,
Lisa

Valerie said...

Oh Trey and Cheri, he is the most precious boy. I pray that the Lord will wrap his arms around you both and bring you comfort and peace.
Love always,
Valerie

Anonymous said...

Priceless. Precious. Thank you, Cheri, for posting this blog. There are no words to explain or describe this loss. My heart breaks for you and Trey.

Life is so fragile, precious, and such a mystery. Although it makes no sense, and we desperately cling for answers, at least we know the One who gives life (and takes it away) according to His plan and purpose.)

This is not the time or place for me to try to encourage you with words. Now is the time just to say that you are not alone; your friends, family, and your Savior ache right alongside you and Trey.

I pray that God will grant you the peace that passes understanding in this season of mourning. I pray that the Lord sustains you, my dear sister in Christ.

Love,
John Ford and family

Katherine Parker said...

Trey,
I was very saddened to read your blog. No parent should have to go through what you and your wife are going through. Keep strength in your faith. I am very sorry. God Bless.

Steve Parker