Friday, March 27, 2009

Trusting God

Do I truly, completely trust God? This is something I struggle with constantly. I feel like I've made progress in this area, but those doubts and worries always come back up. Is it good enough that I am constantly striving to trust Him completely?

When the doubts enter back in, I try to remind myself of times when I have trusted God completely. In 2005, I turned 30. I was single and I was content being single, but I still had a desire for a family. Sure, I had prayed to God before to bring me a mate. But in the summer of 2005, I changed my prayer. I asked God to take my desire for a family away if it was His Will for me to remain single. I continued to pray for God to take away my desire for a family or bring me and my future husband together over the next few months.

I ended up meeting my future husband at a church event in November of 2005. When I look back on those months now, I am so amazed by how God worked in my life. I know if I completely trust Him, He will lead me down the right path. He never promised life would be easy or pain free, but there is hope in the future.

I've changed our top song on our playlist again. This song is Whatever You're Doing by Sanctus Real and it has really been speaking to me in the last few days. Thank you, Lord, for bringing songs to me that truly speak to my heart and help me to continue the healing process.

No comments: