Thursday, April 30, 2009

Missing Luke

Today has been rough. I've really been missing my baby boy today. Luke's due date was just a few days ago. It is still so hard for me to comprehend why he is not here with us. I am trying my best to be thankful for the blessings God has given us and will give us, but sometimes all I really want is to have Luke back in my arms.

Trey wrote a poem for me shortly after Luke passed away. I did not know if I would ever post it on here or not, but I have decided to post it on here. Hopefully, he will not mind that I am sharing this with all of you. CLB

What tears did you cry today?
The tears I saw that night,
Filled with hopelessness, anger, and betrayal?
Those tears are like acid,
Eating at the soul and the heart.

What tears did you cry today?
The mournful tears of loneliness
That soak the depths of your being?
Those tears are like a flood,
Rotting the roots of growth.

What tears did you cry today?
The tears I cry when you push me away?
The tears I keep inside pretending to be brave,
Letting build up like a dam holds a river.

What tears did you cry today?
Tears of joy, and of hope, and of love?
Cry those tears.
Let those Tears Flow.
Let those tears enrich you,
And bring bloom within you.


What tears did you cry today?

1 comment:

Leigh Ann Harris said...

Cheri...thank you for sharing that poem and your heart. I know these are painful days. I am praying for you...Psalm 37! Sending you love from Indiana...Leigh Ann