Friday, August 1, 2008

Beach and more


We made it back from the beach last Saturday. Overall, it was a great trip. A was a handful on the days when she did not get a good nap. So we learned quickly that she needed a good nap in the afternoon if we wanted her to behave during dinner. A is in almost all of the pictures, so I am only posting the one above. A actually took this one herself. She is getting pretty good with the camera.


It was so nice to get away for a week and relax. Life can be so stressful at times. I knew life would get more complicated when I got married in November, but don't think I was really prepared for how much my life has changed. Life has been stressful and challenging, but I am so blessed to have a wonderful husband and stepdaughter.


Speaking of the stepdaughter, she told her daddy on the phone last night that she didn't want to go to church. Of course, that broke my heart. We've missed a few Sundays because of the beach vacation and July 4th weekend we spent with the in-laws. Plus, our church takes a break in the summer for children activities on Wed. nights. So I'm hoping once we get back in the swing of things, she'll be excited about church again. I also bought our family devotion book. We will be using Ruth Graham's Step into the Bible: 100 Bible Stories for Family Devotions.


2 comments:

Monica said...

Thank you for coming to post a comment!

So glad to hear you are getting back into exercise!

Let me know if you have any specific interests to read about!

ChefDruck said...

Thanks for entering the Babies are Boring contest at my blog. I do a new giveaway every monday - come back soon!