Saturday, February 2, 2013

Christmas 2012

I know this is a little late, but I want to record as much as I can remember from Christmas 2012 since it was Anna Grace's first Christmas.

Christmas Eve is my favorite part of the Christmas season.  I love the traditions we have begun with our family. First, we attend the Christmas Eve service at our church.  Nursery is available for children under 4. Brooke wanted to go to the service instead of nursery. She did pretty good, but about halfway through the service she asked to go to the nursery. 

After church, we head to the Dickersons for dinner.  Cynthia always makes lasagna for dinner.  I consider the Dickersons my family.  I lived with them for a couple of years in my early 20s and they adopted me into their family.  Both of my parents have passed away, so I am thankful to have the Dickersons in my life.

My favorite tradition is opening our new pjs on Christmas Eve.  Cynthia buys pjs for everyone including the adults.  She buys matching pjs for the children that are close in age.  It is so cute to see the kids dressed in their pjs. 



The kids went straight to bed when we got home.  Santa does visit on Christmas day, so we had to get everything ready before we went to bed.  Below are pictures of the things Santa brought the girls.  Audrey's big gift was a bike, Brooke's big gift was a princess dollhouse castle, and Anna Grace received a little people princess castle. 

Brooke's Santa gifts
 
Audrey's Santa gifts
 
Anna Grace's Santa gifts


Trey and I agreed to start a new tradition with the girls this year.  The girls will only receive 4 gifts from us in the following categories: something you want, something you need, something to wear and something to read.  Here's what each girl received this year:
Audrey: Boots (want), window blinds (need), several dresses and a couple of shirts (wear), several books (read)
Brooke: Set of Disney Princess dolls (want), underwear (need), Hello Kitty outfit (wear), several books (read)
Anna Grace: Toy (want), formula (need), Dora outfit (wear), several books (read)

I am glad we scaled back on the gifts, but I think we still overdid it on Santa gifts.  We are so incredibly blessed and I thank God for all He has given us.





No comments: