Sunday, February 3, 2013

Couponing

We are slowly getting back into couponing.  We are definitely not extreme couponers; however, we do like to save money especially on items we already plan on buying.  Trey used to do all of the shopping, but since his surgery I've been doing more of the shopping.  It truly is rewarding to find deals and save money.

This weekend I shopped at Kroger and saved 40%.  Our total was a little over $78 plus I was able to redeem $1.50 on ibotta.  Not bad for what should cover a week's worth of meals and snacks over the next couple of weeks.  I would really like to get our weekly grocery bill down to $50, but not sure if I'll be able to get there since we are trying to eat healthier.

I am also getting back into shopping at Rite-Aid for non-food items.  My favorite deal so far has been some men's shampoo/conditioner that I bought today.  It was on sale for $4.99 with 2 UP rewards.  I didn't have a coupon, so I didn't think I'd buy it.  However, when I picked up one of the bottles it had a save $3.00 now coupon.  I also had .75 cents on ibotta.  So I actually made .76 cents for buying the shampoo.  Now I just have to hope and pray that Trey doesn't mind using the anti-dandruff shampoo.

No comments: